Yes, you heard right. We officially have a venue! I took my parents out to see the top contender this past weekend, and once they agreed that it was a great place, I knew it was time to pay the deposit and sign the contract. Whew! I felt excited and anxious all at the same time. It was a little overwhelming, to tell you the truth.
We ultimately picked the place I had talked about on the blog before. It is a little pricey for our budget but the pros ultimately outweighed the cons. To recap:
- The venue is in the middle of nowhere. It’s a full hour from our house. There is no (or hardly any) cell phone reception, at least on Sprint or T-Mobile. And I’m not sure if there are any hotels anywhere nearby.
- As I mentioned above, it’s pricey.
- It’s a mostly-service venue. In that, this will really be a DIY wedding. We’ll be renting the tables and chairs through them, and everything else will be done on our own. So, a little more to coordinate/actually do ourselves.
- It is absolutely beautiful. Big grassy lawns, gorgeous landscaping, on the water. It will make for great pictures and atmosphere, but more importantly, I won’t have to worry about decorating.
- There is a ton of space and we have total control over it. The venue will set up tables wherever we want, and we have our choice of ceremony location. There is no shortage of space for lawn games/wandering around. The kids will have plenty of room to play.
- It comes with a built in sound system equipped for an mp3 player/laptop. One more thing to check off the list.
- With two days’ notice, we can order an emergency tent. Hopefully, we won’t need to. Fingers crossed!
- It is an independent family owned (for three generations!) business, and it has character.
- It 100% fits the atmosphere and vision we have for the wedding. It is perfect for a laid-back, casual picnic.
So! The wedding is actually happening! Wow.